Pregnancy Info
Due Date: April 20, 2010
Weeks: 15 weeks down/25 to go
Trimester: 2nd (4 months)

Mommy Info
Weight Gain: I've actually lost 6 lbs. Not so good. That's a total of 11 lbs that I have lost since moving here. My OB seems just a tad concerned, but not much, so please don't worry! She would like for me to start weighing myself with a "reliable scale". I'm guessing that means a doctor's office? I really don't want to drive into the city just to get weighed. Plus, parking is a pain and EXPENSIVE.

A normal sized woman gains about 25-35 lbs, but since I am a Big Girl, I should gain 15-25 lbs. With Mikayla, I gained 11 lbs.

If I start gaining like a heiffer, then I'm sure this section will suddenly disapper.
Symtoms: Still nauseous, BAD heartburn, tired, but getting better.

Baby Info
Length (get over it, Cullen!): About 4.5 incles from head to booty.
Weight: 3 oz
Fruit Comparison: A large apple
Going on This Week: Breathing amniotic fluid, can now sense light, but eyelids are still fused shut, forming taste buds.

OB Appointment
  • We got to hear the baby's heartbeat!
  • Doc recommended that I receive the H1N1 vaccine, which I did get. My friend Sarah's family has caught it twice now. They gather sickness like it's candy. Since I hang out with her, I figured it was probably a good idea to get poked.
  • Blood was drawn for the next part of the Sequence Screening to test for neurological defects, Down's, etc.
  • Found out that we can find out at our next ultrasound (4 weeks from now) if we are having a little boy or girl.
  • Due to Mikayla's early arrival (almost 6 weeks), Doc is putting me on extra progesterone to help get this baby to full term...which is considered 36 weeks at least. Progesterone usually gives the baby an extra two weeks in the oven. That's definitely a good thing! Having a NICU baby was rough. Doc said that getting those extra weeks would be helpful in the baby not turning face up for delivery. Mikayla was so small she had room to twist.
I think that's it for now. Is there anything else that you guys would like to hear about?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you recently checked on your heartburn...could it be acid reflux?
Karen

Anonymous said...

I have had acid reflux for quite a while. Before baby, I took a pill everyday, but, unfortunately, I can't take it while pregnant. So, now I just have to thrown down the Tums. Yuck!

Cullen Waters said...

Calling the baby long is fine, until they come out. Then, when they can stand up (even with help), it becomes tall.

Post a Comment